Monday, March 4, 2013

The Honda Bay Experience That Fascinated My Year


Looking back at the past year 2012, there is one highlight that I could never forget. Last November, I was fortunate enough to go with some of my colleagues to the beautiful paradise of Palawan.

I have always wanted to go to the place. It always fascinated me when they show the famous Puerto Princesa Underground River or the disgusting yet delicious tamilok. This is mainly the reason why I couldn’t sleep for days because of too much excitement for the trip.

So, flew we went.  We entered the wondrous Underground River, we tasted the tamilok, we hopped in the islands of El Nido and had a lunch feast on one. But now, I will be talking about an experience some people might not be that aware of.
You see, aside from the mentioned tourists attraction, there is also one other place that made my jaw drop. It’s Honda Bay. My Honda Bay experience might be short but it was one hell of fun!

Honda Bay is famous for being a destination to go to when you want to go swimming, snorkelling, and diving. In fact, because of this, Honda Bay is slowly gaining popularity among local and international tourists.
We jumped off at Barangay Sta. Lourdes and rode a boat to get to the group of islands. The ride was not quite long from the city proper of Puerto Princessa . But if you’re the loner type, you would not enjoy it.  I’m not so, together with some friends that I meet in the airplane and with my partner in life, we brought life and laughter while on the road (or the sea road).

pambato reef palawan
First stop is the pambato reef, it’s not an island by the name itself. Pambato come from a visayan word as “contender” because of its nice coral formation and you can meet NEMO if you go and swim around the floating station. You can spend 30 minutes on pambatu reef and go to your next destination the Snake Island.

snake island
Second stopped at Snake Island. Well, it is an island shaped like a snake. Although it nothing but a long stretch of sandbar, it was still fun as it was something new to me.
pandan island in isla pandan beach resort
Third Stop the Pandan Island, we spend out lunch in Isla Pandan Beach Resort.  Our tour guide reserve us a cottage to be much formal while eating our lunch. And of course, there was food, really delicious and sumptuous food, from Isla Pandan. So IT’S FUN! We try there yummy buko halo-halo that was awesome and also there are local vendors offering us sea foods.  A jaw dropping lobster and big crab, that was our order, they cook it in a ginger butter sauce. #NOMNOM

After spending a good amount of time at the Pandan Island, we went to the Starfish Island. I swear I have never seen a beach that has the finest white sand as in Starfish Island. It was just so perfect to go swimming as the powdery white sand blended well with the crystal clear water and joining the school of fish in just as low as 3 feet.

We went on to other islands but I truly couldn’t remember their names as my attention wandered to all the stunning views around me. I am a beach person and I just love the sight of the green trees and the blue waters which is why I loved Honda Bay.
star fish island
FAQS Honda bay has 18 islands half of them are private and others are islets and they name the islands as what are most of that certain island. Sample is the snake island you can see lots of sea snake in the island. :)

If I was given the chance to go back to Palawan, I would definitely repeat the Honda Bay experience I had!

Thank you for reading our Honda Bay Experience. Drop comments if you have questions.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

About Me

Followers

Designed ByBlogger Templates