Wednesday, September 23, 2020

An Island Living You Won’t Forget



Every place we visit gives us a certain kind of feeling that we can’t forget. Every place we find ourselves in leaves us a memory we would always go back to whenever a sense of nostalgia kicks in and we’re feeling a bit under the weather. We just replay those moments inside our head and we’re on our way to feeling relieved and a little more hopeful for better days.

I was lucky enough to be able to spend 2 weeks in this sacred place that I now consider my home. I know it’s only been a mere two weeks of stay, but Camp Bernardino de Lavigan gave me so much to remember, to learn, and to appreciate that I’m feeling more motivated now to move forward in life despite everything that’s going on. I work as an editorial writer for a lifestyle magazine and my boss assigned me for an immersive trip to this place, and write about budding resorts in Mindanao in anticipation of the new normal tourism efforts of the country. I was really hesitant at first, because as a city girl living in Manila who’d be thrown into complete rurality without any good reception, that was not a completely good idea for me. But I accepted the project anyway and I definitely had no regrets that I did. The thing about Camp Bernardino for me was it was a very refreshing experience. As someone who’s used to all the hustle and bustle of the city, overwhelming with air and noise pollution everywhere, I was able to see life from a different point of view while there. The resort made me feel like I’m more at home than ever and suddenly it dawned on me that living simply and more laid back like that makes us appreciate the simpler things the world can offer - the bounty of nature, the pretty sunset that starts at exactly 5:10pm every day since day 1 of my stay, and the beautiful sunrises that reminds us every day is a new chance to get better. Its rawness and genuinely captivating island living experience really struck me. It made so much impact on me how people can be content with what they have, and be sincerely happy about others’ happiness also, like how their staff took care of me well while I was there.

Davao Oriental’s new beach resort is the perfect place to get a new perspective in life. So if you’re looking where to stay in Davao Oriental, check out this beach resort near Mati now. More info available at campbernardino.com





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

About Me

Followers

Designed ByBlogger Templates