Monday, August 10, 2020

A Greener Living


As a Davaoena, I have my top favorite spots here in Davao where I feel like I have a peace of mind. There’s Samal whenever I want to go on a beach escapade. There’s Buda if I feel like the city’s too hot for me and I want to enjoy a cozy weekend. Then there’s Malagos Garden Resort, my favorite spot to reconnect with nature.


I am a huge fan of Malagos Garden Resort not only because of the many animals that they have but because of their well-landscaped gardens. They have species of plants that are hard to find and that makes me feel like I’m not in Davao when I go there usually during Sundays to enjoy the bird show and animal show. But everything changed when the pandemic came. From having our usual lunch buffet with the family at the resort, and spending the rest of the afternoon there just strolling and enjoying their classic hot chocolate drink and desserts, we are now stuck at home. Good thing it’s already MGCQ, so we can now go out more than we did before during the ECQ. But Malagos Garden Resort is still closed and I really miss the feeling of being under the canopy of their large Bignay trees and smelling the cacao inside their museum.


Good thing, they have Malagos Homegrown Produce. I know that the resort transferred to online to still share their food and harvest with their customers and I am happy that they were able to adjust almost immediately to the crisis. First, they sold many vegetables and their signature chocolate and cheeses. Now they already expanded and included plants also in their list of products! With Malagos, urban gardening is made easier for us who live in the city. Why do backyard gardening? Well, first it makes me feel like I’m closer to nature. Second, it is a good way to clear your mind and it has a lot of mental health benefits. Science says that if you feel that your eyes are tired, you just need to focus your eyes on something green and you will feel more relaxed. Third, I feel like  I’m one with Malagos Garden Resort’s advocacy to support locals whenever I do my Davao urban and backyard gardening sessions. It’s like I’m helping out a farmer also in my own little way. If you want to try out a greener living like me, then check out www.malagoshomegrownproduce.com now! 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

About Me

Followers

Designed ByBlogger Templates