Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Stay at Home with These Food and Beverage Kits


Although quarantine restrictions have eased now that most cities and municipalities are under Modified General Community Quarantine, cases are still on the rise with first local transmissions being reported in areas where there used to be confirmed cases from locally stranded individuals and overseas Filipino workers only. It is even more important now to stay at home when you can, and while you’re at it stay homegrown by filling up your body with nutritious but delicious food that can help boost your immune system and fight COVID-19. Here are some food-related activities you can do to stay home and be healthy.

 

Pizza and Pasta Kits. When I say pizza and pasta, I don’t mean the Filipino style sweet versions of both. I’m talking about the savory, homey, made from scratch pizza and pasta meal kits that are made with all-natural, good quality ingredients. Restaurant-made pizza and pasta meal kits are widely available throughout Davao. My personal favorite is Malagos Garden Resort’s farm-to-table Aglio Olio and Pasta Pomodoro pastas; however, only the Pomodoro pasta has a meal kit version available on their online store.

 

DIY Baking Kits. There are healthy baked goods available. If you’re hungry you can order ready-made healthy baked items but where’s the fun in that? I like to bake cookies and dark chocolate brownies and order not the one-step easy bake kits, but the baking kits that include premium ingredients. I even use one hundred percent premium unsweetened chocolate for my brownies and lesser sugar to ensure that they are at their healthiest! For my cookies, aside from mixing in 65% to 72% dark chocolate, I also mix in a bit of mashed bananas and often times some fresh moringa leaves. You can play around with additional ingredients you prefer really.

 

Juice Mixes. I like to spice up my afternoon with refreshments. I always go for fresh ingredients that I can find in my backyard garden, however when I’m feeling a bit lazy, I purchase lemon juice in Davao or freshly bottled calamansi juice and concentrate. I mix it in with sparkling water and put in a few mint for a cool fresh kick!

 

I encourage everyone to not just stay home but also to stay homegrown. If this pandemic has not enlightened you to take a look at your health, then I don’t know what will! If you want to give these meal kits a try you can check out Malagos Homegrown Produce. They offer lots of meal kits as well as bottled calamansi juice extract. Perfect for your one-stop homegrown shop needs.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

About Me

Followers

Designed ByBlogger Templates