Monday, August 3, 2020

Vitamin Sea for the Kids


As a family man, I only want the best for my family, especially my kids. The last couple of months was really difficult and it really broke my heart to see that my kids are very affected by this pandemic. Of course, I’m so thankful that we’re all safe and healthy. We’re lucky enough to be surviving this pandemic, with enough food on our table and with our jobs still there. But sometimes I get really blank when my kids ask me “dad why can’t we go ride our bikes?” They’re only 10 and 7 years old boys and it’s really hard to explain to them these things. It’s like we’re taking away a part of their childhood from them. Sometimes they also ask me why we don’t go to church anymore and do our usual Sunday bonding at the mall, doing some toy shopping or watching the latest Marvel movie. I have to explain to them that this is for their own safety and it will all be over soon.

The biggest impact of all is the fact that they’re going to have their classes online this year. It’s really difficult since they already miss their friends at school. They’re also feeling depressed because they can’t bond with them this year. So I decided to do something to cheer them up.

I know it’s really strict here in Davao City and there’s no way I can take my kids to the mall to cheer them up because it’s too risky. So I think maybe a little family time can distract them and make them feel positive again. A beach escape is what we need to make them feel happier despite the situation. I looked up some beaches but Samal is very strict. Mati is too crowded and I’m sure there are a lot of college girls and boys who will go there now that they’ve reopened. I wanted something that is enjoyable but still safe. Then finally, after hours of searching where we can go, I found Camp Bernardino de Lavigan - it’s a new glamping resort in Davao Oriental that looks decent to me. I booked a trip and secured all our health clearance to make everything smooth sailing.

We spent 3 days at Camp Bernardino de Lavigan, and it was really fun and memorable. My kids very much loved the snorkeling and boating experience because they haven’t been to the beach for almost 5 months! That’s a long time because we almost always go to the beach once a month to relax. They also love the fresh seafood and the spacious place. They were really thankful because, for the first time in a long time, they don’t feel “imprisoned” or suffocated.



Camp Bernardino de Lavigan is a perfect family resort in Davao Oriental if you want to relax and to be away from the crowd. This new resort in Governor Generoso practices safety measures that help you maintain social distancing while relaxing. Just type in Best Resort in Davao Oriental on Google and it will show up instantly! You may also check them out on their Facebook page.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

About Me

Followers

Designed ByBlogger Templates